Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Last 5 by the 5th (and National Running Day!)

I ran a 5k Monday on the treadmill, just in case I wasn't able to get 5 miles in before the 5th of June. However, Wednesday, my sister, sister-in-law and I were able to meet up at 6:30 in the morning at the "lake" at our local university. It's really more of a pond :)

It was already 75 degrees and very humid, but we had a good run. I had really wanted to beat last month's time of 43:xx, but that didn't happen. I'm really struggling with the speed again here lately (and yes, I know I need to get back into my strength training). Still we came in under 50, so I'm ok with that

We didn't take a good picture of us (you know, one with our faces in the picture) before, and there was no way I was going to take one after...my face was super red!





It was also National Running Day, so it was perfect for a run together...good run, good conversations, good times...that's what running is all about :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic of all your shoes! So fun!! :) Sounds like a great run - perfect for National Running Day AND the end of this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! On a humid day, you can definitely take some time off of there. :) Thanks so much for participating!!

    ReplyDelete