Saturday, December 6, 2014

Race Day!

Today was our local Y's Holiday Hustle. I signed up for the 10k, but I considered doing to the 5k. Instead, I convinced my sister to run with me.

A couple of weeks ago, we were supposed to run a race with Mom wearing the tutus she made, but it was pouring rain that race. We decided to wear them today instead.

The weather was perfect this morning! Mom took off on her own since she was meeting up with some other runners at the end for another 6 miles. Carrie and I ended up running with my neighbor the whole way. Surprisingly, the tutu didn't bother me too much, even with the jungle bells.

Carrie pulled away from us at the end, but I finished in 1:04:54. Not a pr, but it definitely wasn't my worst 10k time either! Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to medal. Still, I'm super pleased with the run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment